Publishing Guide Books: Literary Agents / Self Publishing / Creative Writing Guides
Our services — all this for a very reasonable fee:
- Please read below about our services and only then submit your book!
- What we do:
- We create the page layout and the design for the interior of your book (novel, poetry book, short stories, academic — fiction or nonfiction).
- We design the book cover.
- We provide an ISBN number and a barcode for the paperback version of your book, and a second ISBN number for the eBook versions of your book.
- We share the copyright with you: Until you cancel your book, we have the right to publish and distribute the book. You keep all other rights. After cancellation, you have all the book rights back.
- We provide a Library of Congress (LOC) Control number, which will be printed on the copyright page of the book, and we will send one copy of your book to the LOC in Washington, DC. Your book title and your full name will appear in the database of the Library of Congress.
- We print the book (paperback; glossy color cover; black-white interior with digital printing on slightly creme-colored matte book paper; book size 5" x 8" or 5.5" x 8.5" or 6" x 9" — depending on the length of the manuscript and the type of the book content); if it is written in English, we also offer your book in electronic formats for Amazon Kindle, Google eBook, and in ePub format for many devices from iPad/iPhone, Android, Nook, Sony Reader, etc.
- We start with a print run of 112 copies: One for us, one for the Library of Congress in Washington, DC, and 10 free copies for you; the other 100 copies will be right away available to local and online bookstores.
- IF YOUR BOOK MANUSCRIPT IS REALLY READY TO GO AND YOU QUICKLY APPROVE OUR TYPESETTING OF INTERIOR AND COVER, THE PROCESS FROM RECEIVING YOUR MANUSCRIPT TO SENDING YOU YOUR PRINTED FREE PAPERBACK COPIES COULD TAKE AS LITTLE AS 3-5 WEEKS!
- We will quickly print a much higher number of books, usually within a few days, if the demand goes up.
- We make your paperback book available i.a. at the following online bookstores:
US: amazon.com, barnesandnoble. com/books.com, The Book Depository; UK: amazon.co.uk and bookstore.co.uk; Germany: buecher.de and amazon.de; France: amazon.fr; Japan: amazon.co.jp; Canada: amazon.ca, India: flipcart.com, Australia: Fishpond, Booktopia— and at many, many other online bookstores in the US and various other countries.
- Most major book wholesale companies in the US and the UK (i.a. Ingram and Baker&Taylor in the US, Bertram and Gardners in the UK) will carry your title and offer it through their catalogs and their web applications to their clients: the local bookstores and libraries. That means that any bookstore in the US or in Europe can easily order one or many copies of your book at the usual, industry-standard discount rate and resell it.
- We send you 10 free copies, and you receive a royalty of 10% of the wholesale price of the book, for each copy sold.
- If you would like to receive more than the free 10 copies of your book, Golden Sky Books will sell them to you for 50% of the list price.
- What we don't do:
- We don't provide direct marketing to local bookstores or book chains.
- We don't publicize your book in any other way then by making your title available to the distribution and sales channels mentioned above.
- Our basic fee does not include text editing or proofreading services. If you would like us to proofread your manuscript, an additional $350 for each block of 20,000 words of your manuscript will apply. For proofreading, add also another 4 weeks until the date of the publication of your book.
- What you should do:
- If you decide not to use our proofreading services, please have friends or relatives carefully proofread your manuscript before sending it to us.
- Before submitting your manuscript, write a short description (blurb) of your book's content, as well as one-two sentences about yourself. Both short texts will be used for the back cover of your book and as book description in most online book catalogs.
- After the publication of your book, spread the word: Tell your friends, colleagues, co-workers about your book. Create a website about your book. Use FAcebook and Twitter. Inform your local bookstores, local newspapers, and local radio stations. Organize readings at your local library...