Before you can send us your manuscript:
Please read this check list and then click the link below to continue.
Your manuscript (novel, poetry book, short stories, academic book — fiction or nonfiction) is finished, proofread (unless you want us to proofread it), and in MS Word format:
- file extension .doc or .docx
- fonts: if possible, Times New Roman, Book Antiqua, or Arial. If you use unusual fonts, please provide us with the font files.
- If foreign language characters are used, they should all be Unicode characters. If you don't know what that means, please contact us.
- You have a short description (blurb) of your book's content (no spoiler!), as well as one-two sentences about yourself. Both short texts will be used for the back cover of your book and as book description in most online book catalogs. 100-150 words total. If these texts are too long, we reserve the right to shorten them. During the application process, you will need to copy and paste these two texts into our forms.
- You have your personal information ready, including your full name, home address, shipping address for the 10 free copies (no P.O. Box addresses accepted), your phone number and e-mail address.
- You are the owner of the copyright (worldwide!) for the entire text of your book, for any kind of black-and-white or grayscale illustration inside the book, and for any illustration you want us to use for the cover – and you can prove it, if necessary. In the case of book illustrations that you did not create yourself, you will have to give us the name of the artist or photographer and the date of the transfer of the copyrights from her/him to you. If you copied one ore more small or large sections from another author's book(s), for whatever reason, and incorporated it/them into your own manuscript, you will have to give us the relevant page numbers in your Word file and the title and author's name of the original book or article (i.e. of the source text).
- Please use Miscrosof Word to check the total word count of your manuscript. (You can find the automatic word count in MS Word under the menu "Review" [new MS Word] or "Tools." [new MS Word])
- After submitting the application form and the manuscript, you will have to wait (usually 1 to 2 business days, sometimes a few business days longer) until Golden Sky Books accepts your manuscript. You will receive an e-mail with further instructions about payment. Golden Sky Book might refuse to publish a manuscript for various reasons, whether linguistic (bad writing etc.) or content-related (racism etc.). In general, Golden Sky Books is open to all kinds of books, whether fiction or non-fiction. We will not, however, publish comics, children books, nor books with color illustrations.
When you are ready to continue, click here to start our easy application process!